We have emailed all of our club contacts a reminder of the procedures we will follow to play basketball in Level Two
The following was sent out to our club contacts on Wednesday 12 August:
Kia ora Koutou,
No doubt you are all hoping there’s no community transmission down in Canterbury (like us!) and are looking forward/hoping to playing on the weekend (August 15 and 16).
If we are in Level One, we will operate as we have so far this season, and there won’t be a cap on the number of people in a venue.
If we are in Level Two (as a precautionary measure), there is a limit of 100 people in a venue, so we will utilise our procedures for this (2020 CBA COVID19 Level Two Procedures). The key points which are specific to basketball, or updated from when we originally prepared them:
Sport Canterbury has reviewed our procedures and has endorsed them fully. We are currently confirming with all venues they are ok this weekend, and if any venue specific additions are needed. We are confident at this stage all our normal courts will be available to use on Saturday and Sunday this week.
If there is confirmed community transmission before games tip-off, in the region where teams come from (Ashburton to Rangiora) we will cancel/postpone games at all venues.
Potential for Gametime changes – on Friday we should know if we will be in Level One or Two on the weekend. If it is Level Two we may try and adjust game tip-off times to make it easier for our Floor Controllers to clear the venue between games. If I do not communicate anything, we will stick with our originally published gametimes (15-16 August Draw)
Fingers crossed we can get this small outbreak stamped out and continue being the envy of the world!